ISHWARA'S guide to OPTIMUM HEALTH
1. SLEEP: Early to bed, early to wake. Be regular with duration and bed time.
2. YOGA. Practice Surya Namskar & Yoga Postures. One hour minimum every day.
3. SPORT/EXERCISE. Practice sport / running / walking / swimming / weight lifting. One hour minimum every day.
4. REST & RELAXATION. Take one rest day each week.
5. MEDITATION. On waking or just before sleep. Daily thirty minutes. Observe the breath. If the Mind is restless chant or do pranayama.
6. READ. Read uplifting, stimulating texts daily. Raise the consciousness. Avoid negative material from books, people or television.
7. RELATIONSHIPS. Cultivare friendships and relationships which are Loving and Supportive. Avoid harmful relationships.
8. DRUGS AND ALCOHOL. Reduce, limit and eventually desist from drugs and alcohol.
9. DIET. Eat only when hungry and nout out of habit. Eat only fresh foods. Fruits, vegetables, grains and a little fish if required.
10. BE KIND TO ALL.
11. BREATH. Learn breathing techniques and Pranayamas. Breath slowly and deeply using diaphragm.Avoid chest breathing and tension in breathing.
12. PRAYER. Learn a prayer or Positive Affirmation. Recite daily mentally or out loud. This can be part of meditation ie Japa.
13. ACTION. Take an active part in society. Riase knowledge, kindness and non violence in your community. Help to eliminate disease. Make a difference.
14. SPEACH. Always speak Truthfully. Never lie no matter what might be gained. Never spread gossip or second hand information. Become wise.
15. FAST. Fast very occasionally but not regularly. Drink water or eat fruits for one day.
16. TREATS. Treat yourself occasionally, but not regularly.
17. INDEPENDANT. Become self reliant, resourecful and hard working.
18. FORGIVENESS. Forgive others their unkindness and move on. Learn to let go of the past.
19. SELF AWARENESS. Observe your own good and bad action and thoughts each day - without judgement. Aim to imrove your self.
20. BE HAPPY :)